Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sharing is caring!

Two tips:  Clif Shot Blocks and injinji toe socks.

I still can't bare the thought of 'eating' goo for sustenance during a long run, so Big D tipped me onto trying shot blocks which are chewable and organic to boot.  There are so many flavors, including margarita, however, I erred on the side of caution and bought berry flavors. 

And, the need to deal with the issue of big toe/long toe chafe and sock 'break-in' as part of my training, so Coach T suggested ininji toe socks. I semi-literally ran (I drove) to the Running Room to try these socks. It took a single minute to get over the strangeness of having each toe covered before my brain registered, 'oooh, this could work to eliminate chafe after glide wears off'.

I purchased both shot blocks and socks on the spot. Now, I'm gonna try both this Sunday as my mileage is supposed to increase by two or so more miles.

Lesson(s) learned:  Talking to others to share your pains and successes can reduce your learning curve.

1 comment:

  1. I love those shot blocks, tip if you start buying them often getting them in bulk on Amazon can save you some cash. Also, I've never tried the margarita flavor but I have heard it has more salt than the other flavors so if you have a problem getting enough salt like I do you might try that flavor. Those socks look crazy! I just stick to seemless dryfit ones and trim the toenails often. Keep sharing your tips!

    ReplyDelete