Sunday, May 6, 2012

Toe socks are the winner!

Sundays are supposed to be rest days, but not in the marathon training world.  It's a work day...

As promised, I tried out my latest running tip - toe socks.  I put them on right before I left the house.  I kept thinking am I nuts for wearing these on a six miler?  Should I test them out on a short three miler instead, I tried to reason with myself.  Oh shoot, I decide to just wear them.   It's only six slow miles afterall.

The verdict? These socks are the bomb and I highly recommend them to everyone.  It sort of spreads your toes apart, and I think that actually helped me to avoid getting tired during the run.

The other promise - try the shot blocks or GU.  Since my last post, more friends gave me advice on flavors to try, but I still can't do it, maybe next week.

1 comment:

  1. You know if you really can't do the shot blocks or gu, me and Tiffany did the entire marathon 2 years ago only using sweet potato baby food in baggies. Ask her about it. Very nutritious.

    ReplyDelete