Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Getting my Groove back on...

After crying through my post last week, I've been working to get my groove back on.  A few friends gave me some great feedback for which really helped me get my thoughts out of the doldrums.  You know who you are so thank you for your thoughts!

At the start of each month, the HNL marathon clinic adds two miles to their weekly training runs.  This past Sunday, was the first time in three weeks that I attended, and the run was up to 9 miles.  (Panic, only because I really just wanted to go back to bed and lounge the day away!)  In summary, my endurance needs lots work.  The good news is though that I made it through the run with the front half of the group!

I'm rethinking my goals. For the last eight days, I've done at least one kind of workout every day. But, you know what, it really is just about staying healthy, happy, and mentally enjoying the progress, no matter how insignificant my strides may seem.  Afterall, exercise is like loose change, small amounts at some point total up into large amounts of money.

Happy National Running Day, People!  Run at least a 100 meters and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment