Monday, June 18, 2012

Who loves rollercoasters?

I used to love rollercoasters, esp when Magic Mountain in So. Cal. was new and now I think the amusement park has or will soon close down for good for something like 10,000 homes.  So sad.

It's been almost two weeks since I last blogged.  How time flies when one is having fun.  Yesterday, I ran 8.5 miles with the Honolulu Marathon Clinic.  Group running can be fun, esp when you have a friend and you start to make more friends within the group.  The run was at a unexpected slow 17 min pace, which surprisingly I figured out that its a pace that I can almost walk and still keep up with the group.  A fellow HAF crossfitter saw me on the road on her way to church and yelled out about how much she was jealous of me that I was out on the road doing my thing.  It's motivating to hear your name being yelled out loud across Kalanianiole Hwy during mid-run.  Now I know why Japanese support groups pay local people to hold signs and cheer for the runners during marathon day.  lol

This month, June, the HM clinic advises that we should be running 22 miles a week.  This leaves 13.5 miles for me to get done within the next five days.  This is my rollercoaster!  I find the motivation to do the necessary work, then I misplace it, and back up the hill again only to go back down with motivation.  Well people, after much lamenting on my part and much support on your part, I think I have figured out my path to a smoother ride.  Two things motivate me, one - buying new workout apparel and two - working out with friends!  I will enjoy wearing my Innov-8 shoes at HAF to crossfit. And, I have two run dates with friends set for this week, so this week's homework miles WILL get run!

No comments:

Post a Comment