Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Making solid strides forward...

I've been making solid progress in my training.  KO has been integrated into my cache of training partners and my ability to carry on a conversation while running has greatly improved.  No more simple answers like, uh huh and yes or no, for me!  Eight mile runs are becoming regular training distances.  The day I can run the entire way will be a glorious one for me.  (I know, I'm supposed to walk a minute or two every mile, but in Coach Todd's words, "get out of your comfort zone".)

With the increased number of longer runs, I've noticed that my long and middle toes are staying black and blue.  I even got a blood blister under one nail on one foot.  How strange is that?  Nails are as short as can be.  My shoe is a whole size larger than my normal shoe size, so wearing too small of a shoe isn't the likely culprit here.  But the toe box seems overly roomy, so now I'm thinking that this may be the problem.  My long toes get all banged up while running as my foot comes down.  My footstriking probably isn't the greatest, but without a professional coach, it isn't likely that I'll change.  Maybe I should just get fitted for shoes?  This time, it'll not be a binge purchase, but to buy a shoe out of actual necessity.  What a concept!

 

1 comment:

  1. Check out youtube videos on foot striking. Helped me much, and it is free!

    ReplyDelete