Saturday, March 10, 2012

I'm so hungry...

It's week three of the Crossfit Open.  I was dreading the very long 18 minute 12.3 wod up to the very moment that I HAD to do it.  Going in I said, I'd be happy with 3 - 5 rounds, but secretly, I thought I could get all 5 rounds.  It wasn't happening.  The fifteen 20" tire jumps, then the twelve 75# overhead presses weren't easy but I was able to crank those out.  My failure was getting my toes to touch the bar!  I wasted so much energy on lost reps.  Well, at least now I know what to work on - core and hip strength!




Lesson(s) learned:  Work on improving pre-event hunger/nutrition.  I lost energy and focus mid-wod because I felt the need to eat something. Everyone else wants to puke and I want to eat?  What's wrong with me?






No comments:

Post a Comment