Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Change is good

The 2012 Crossfit Open is officially done.  My worldwide standing for my age group is 577th place.  I was told by a very good friend to embrace my performance, so I will, perhaps with a henna tattoo.  Until the next Open, I will work on my goats, as they say, pullups being the first to be conquered.

The first Warrior Dash (3 miles of running and obstacles) came into town last week.  At the start of the race, the HAF group decided to do 30, 20, 10 squats at each of the mile markers.  This was a great event to transition from Crossfit Open to marathon training.

Now, I get serious and work on logging regular running miles.  My exercise journal is full of HAF wods, but now I need to transition that into at least 50% wods and 50% running days.  I think I forsee many double workout days as I cannot give up my Crossfit or my HAF family, but it is time to embrace change.  Say goodbye and good riddance to the belly!

1 comment: